Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Blog 4



Sexual Morals



To start, I do have to say the discussion was a confusing one for me. Maybe because of the M&M metaphor or because I have not had any sexual relations with anyone due to my strong faith. However I did get the gist of it!


It did not affect any of my principles. It may have a slight impact on my equality principle where in this instance homosexuals and heterosexuals are compared. I can't agree with Goldman who says sexual desire is just pleasure by physical contact and the main goal or purpose of sex is pleasure. Okay, it might be a factor but thats not all sex has to offer. In addition, I can't agree with Levin saying someone is unhappy because of their sexual orientation.


Murphy seemed to be the only one that made sense.I think we shouldn't waste time on what we already know but rather the effects peoples views have on these people. For instance, we should create a law that punishes those (such as Levin) who are saying these things about homosexuals because they are the reason they might be unhappy.


I commented on : 

No comments:

Post a Comment