The discussion changed my thoughts on human cloning, I always thought of it as doing Gods work however when putting it in a different perspective it made sense.God made technology so we could improve this could be one of those things. I still don't think cloning show be used all the time because people will abuse the system. Using it for cancer or organ donors is great, it gives people another chance, one they might not have without human cloning. However using it for personalizing your child might be too much.Also, the idea that you could be carrying your own grandpason makes me cringe.
Kass's position was the least consistent with my principles.He believed that cloning encourages people to regard their children as property and distorts the clone sense of individuality and social identity. He concludes that cloning should be banned, from the article I feel like this is more of an emotional reaction rather than an accurate argument.
I'm not really religious so I can't comment on your stance about religion. However, I do understand and agree with the rest of your comments. When you said about abusing the system, my mind ran with that comment and immediately thought of crimes. I wonder what would happen if the clone committed a crime- who would end up in trouble? The clone or the original? Like you, I think the medical advances is one of the best things that cloning has to offer. Regarding Grand-Pa-Son, like I stated in my blog, I feel that would be selfish of the family to re-create him. He wouldn't be living his own life, he would be living the life that the family is trying to re-create.
ReplyDeleteI think you're right about being used in a selfish way and personal gain. It would definitely be abused in my opinion which is why I too am against cloning. We are humans and our flaws should be respected, after all it is only human to do so.
ReplyDeleteI think you're right about being used in a selfish way and personal gain. It would definitely be abused in my opinion which is why I too am against cloning. We are humans and our flaws should be respected, after all it is only human to do so.
ReplyDelete